July 20, 2016

My Mysteries Addiction

You may remember on my old blog I spoke about how much I loved the British murder series called Midsomer Murders. I have the complete series to #20   (I'm showing #19 with Jason Hughes on the cover)  when the original DCI  (Detective Chief Inspector)  John Barnaby was played by the excellent British actor John Nettles from the beginning of the series in 1995 until 2011. I own the complete set with Jason Hughes as Dectective Sgt. Ben Jones. He was my favorite out of all Barnaby's sidekicks besides the original DS Troy, I only owe two sets with him in it. Since it wasn't shown on American TV anymore I ceased to buy the continuing series with the actor Neil Dudgeon who took over John Nettles part as DCI John Barnaby the younger cousin of the original Barnaby. Are you keeping up with me so far? LOL!

Well being home so much I've watched the complete series that I have and was curious as to how the new Barnaby fared. So I ordered the first set #21  (each set contains 4 shows)  which showed up yesterday and I found I enjoyed it as much as the other series. This set still has Jason Hughes playing DS Jones as Barnaby's sidekick. I know I'll be ordering others in time too. From what I understand the series is still running all over the map except here in America and has since had two more sidekicks taking over Jason Hughes part since he left the series a couple of years ago. To me it is one of the best of modern day British mysteries out there especially that it's running so many years. They call it the English version of Law & Order although there isn't any court room drama. I place it up there with my American favorite shows of CSI-NY and NCIS. I could watch these shows over and over again, and of course I do.. LOL!

Well there's more you've learned about me. So in the meantime and until next time be blessed dear friends.

3 comments:

  1. Since I share your love of Agatha Christie I will have to try this series too. I have seen them on Netflix but never bothered to watch.
    I need some new things to do lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni, I remember you mentioning this show but I haven't heard of it otherwise. Kind of weird that it doesn't show here but it does everywhere else. I hope you're having a terrific week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have discovered much British television since moving to New Zealand and I get to see Midsomer Murders a lot! They don't get shown in order, but I love to watch any and all that are on. There's something about the writing that is very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.