January 9, 2017

My Shopping List

I thought you might like to see what I usually buy as staples when I go shopping. Cooking for one doesn't have to be a shopping cart of Frozen Dinners, there's an easier way. Stockpile most of these basic groceries and you'll have a few weeks' worth of cool meals at the ready. This also works for busy Moms with families. Of course you mustn't forget the coffee and tea of which I keep plenty in stock. ;-}
Pantry:
1. Canned Tomato sauce
2. Pasta and Macaroni
3. Canned Tomato puree
4. Low sodium chicken broth
5. Natural Peanut butter
6. Canned beans (chickpeas, cannellini, black beans)
7. Dry breadcrumbs (I get the no salt)
8. Canned mushrooms
9. Brown rice
9. Extra-virgin olive oil and Wesson Canola oil
10. Dried herbs and spices
11. Onions and Garlic
12. Yellow Potatoes
13. Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Soda
14. Lemon, Vanilla and Anise Extracts
15. Quick Oats (Oatmeal)
16. Maple and Pancake Syrups
17. Croutons
18. Dried Raisins and Cranberries
Refrigerator:
1. Fresh herbs
2. Eggs
3. Butter
4. Plain yogurt
5. Milk
6. Cheeses (such as cheddar, grated Italian, and mozzarella)
7. Lemons
8. Condiments (mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise etc.)
9. Polaner all fruit preserves and jams
10. Romaine salad
11. Celery and carrots
Counter:
1. Tomatoes
2. Fruit (bananas, apples, pears, oranges)
3. Bread
4. Dried Herbs and Spices
Freezer:
1. Bacon
2. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3. Ground turkey or beef (divided into one pound portions)
4. Boneless pork chops and sausage meat
5. Frozen vegetables (spinach, broccoli florets, peas, and mixed vegetables)
6. Cooked, peeled and de-veined shrimp
7. Pizza dough
8. Frozen fruits (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
9. Breyers Lite Ice cream or Frozen Yogurt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also keep other groceries, baking staples and flavors but with the above type of staples list you can make a multitude of different quick delicious meals. What kind of staples do you use not seen here? Well that's all there is. So my friends until the next time, have a day of blessings.

3 comments:

  1. All sounds pretty good to me! Mine is similar, but for a family of four. We have two adult sons still living at home with us. (they work, but live here), so I have to plan meals for our family...and on the weekend my 93 yr. old mother in law is here, and I have to be sure to have the foods that I know she will/can eat. We eat more soups, stews, one pot meals when she is here. She's not a big meat eater. So it can be challenging. Thank you for sharing your lists. It gave me some other ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Toni for sharing these lists...I looked at them very closely!! Hope you've had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!! I hope you are doing great Toni!! Happy New Year!
    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.