March 27, 2017

A Reader Of Books

I was always an avid reader and used to read 2-3 books a week. Although I've slowed down in my reading, it's still one of my favorite things to do. I found an old question book meme that I had posted awhile ago that I thought you might like to answer. Below is my answer to the meme.


 When growing up did your family share your love of books? If so, did one person get you into reading? And, do you have any family-oriented memories with books and reading? (Family trips to bookstore, reading the same book as a sibling or parent, etc.)  When I was a child, reading books was the way to go for enjoyment. I had no real influence as I just loved to read and at Christmas and my birthdays my aunts would always give me books. First and foremost was and is The Bible.
I grew up with all the great classics like Dickens, Cristie, Austin, Tolkein, Lewis, Verne, etc.. and I still enjoy reading them today. My father used to love anything science fiction and I remember sneaking his books at night and reading them in my room after everyone was sleeping.




Yesterday my sister and brother-in-law and me of course, spent part of the day at Barnes & Noble where we enjoyed coffee, fellowship and reading. I picked up a Mary Higgins Clark book titled,  "Death Wears a Beauty Mask and Other Stories". She is my favorite modern day mystery writer. I skimmed through it and liked what I did read. I have it on order from Amazon® When I buy books I buy hard cover. That to me feels like reading. Do you read? What is your favorite book or books? Let me know what books you like to read if you do.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well my friends, until the next time have a day of blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, but no, I don't. I've tried to get into it, but then I get too distracted with other things, put the book down, and don't go back to it. But if I did read, I would like murder mysteries. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Higgins Clark is a good one as she doesn't use foul language or sex in her stories. Just good murder mysteries and Joanne Fluke who writes the Hannah Swenson murder mysteries. The Hallmark Murder She Wrote mysteries on based on her books with Allison Sweeney playing the part of Hannah. Fluke includes recipes in her books too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read, there was a time when you would always find me with my nose in a book. My Mother wasn't an avid reader but she always encouraged me to read...I have three daughters and they were also avid readers. It seems they've slowed down a bit because they lead such busy lives. I just started on Beth Moore's new book this afternoon, 2 chapters read and I know it's going to be a good one! I also try to always buy hardcovers, a little bit more expensive but it's my preference.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.