March 5, 2017

A World Of My Own

All this past week I have been in a world of my own. I have spent the time doing daily chores, cooking meals ahead to freeze for my own frozen dinners, writing in my journal and reading daily verses. This reminded me of a poem I wrote last year about a little girl who was also in a world of her own. I thought I would share it with you.


A World Of Her Own

Once there was a little child
Who lived in a world of her own
With a smile that truly beguiled
Yet subject to always be alone

In her gilded room she would stay
Filled with many delightful toys
And nary a friend to visit or play
Playing alone without any noise

When from a room came a new sound
Sounds of laughter filled the air
The little child soon turned around
And saw her daddy standing there

He smiled and in their room she found
Her mommy now holding a newborn child
Such happiness and not making a sound
Just giving a smile that truly beguiled

Never again in a world of her own
And never without a friend to play
And never subject to play all alone
Nor alone in her room would she stay.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's about it for now and until next time dear friends have a day of blessings.

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet poem, Toni. Thank you for brightening my day. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious poem!! Hope you're having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us. Praying you are doing OKAY, even though you are home alone. May the Lord be there with you and bring smiles to your face and laughter in your heart! You are a blessing to us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your poems and the pictures you choose to go with them. They just really complete the picture.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.