Monday, July 3, 2017

Have A Safe 4th Of July


Here's wishing all my friends and family a happy and safe 4th of July. Enjoy the fireworks. Be happy, have fun, be safe and enjoy your picnics and barbecues.

The 4th Of July

Here comes the parade with flags flying high
To celebrate the Declaration of Independence
And once again celebrate the 4th of July
With marching parades and full attendence

Watching the boy and girl scouts pass by
And Veteran Military marching on with pride
Marching on to celebrate the 4th of July
With pride for freedom from deep inside

Families wave our country's flag up high
They cheer as Military turns and salute
American flags as the parade pass on by
With joy on faces of flag waving youth

On goes the parade with flags flying high
To celebrate our country's Independence
And once again to celebrate the 4th of July
With marching parades and full attendance

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a quick reminder: I lost all my followers. Pretty please dear friends follow my blog again. Thank you. And thanks to those who did. It's truly appreciated. I'll be back online to visit your sites and blogs by Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July to you and yours! I love your poetry...always touches my heart! I love the memory of parades...I used to march with the girl scouts, and once as a young majorette with blisters on my heels from the boots we had to wear...but it was still a proud moment! We have such wonderful freedoms in our country. I pray we will never lose that spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy July 4th, Toni. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th to you Toni!! Enjoyed your poem, you are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem. Happy 4th to you, too. How in the world did you lose your followers? That's awful!

    ReplyDelete

I so look forward to your comment as I appreciate your visit here. Today and always, I am thankful for your warm welcome and for being a friend to me.