October 18, 2017

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Crunching Leaves

Looking forward to the "real" Autumn weather in my area and remembering what it was like walking with my kids through crunching leaves beneath our feet on our many leaf peeking trips. I thought I would invite you to "take a walk with me".


Crunching Leaves

Come my friend, take a walk with me
Through colors bright and blazing
They slowly fall from every tree
And crunch beneath our stepping feet

A walking bridge will mark our path
Beneath the bridge a flowing stream
As autumn's chill surrounds us now
And mirrors a blazing colorful scene

It's early morning in the park
Empty now of summer's many sounds
As only our footsteps do we hear
And crunching leaves on fallen ground

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed my "Crunching Leaves" poem. Until the next time my friends, have a day of blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Love it Toni, hope you have a beautiful day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the sound of crunching leaves in the fall...and I enjoy watching them gaily falling to the ground. I love to run and jump in a pile of leaves...but I don't love having to rake them and remove them... Enjoy your lovely fall days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did enjoy it a lot. I like everything about autumn and that includes your poems about it!
    Lovely post my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.