December 13, 2017

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ My Morning Hug

Today I'm sitting in the early morning with everything quiet and just finished making coffee. So, with this picture in mind I thought I'd write what I'm doing in poetry.


My Morning Hug

Sitting here with coffee in hand
In the early morning light
Thinking where today I stand
And what will be in my sight

I contemplate on my things to do
And where I should start the day
I think that things are very few
So not much seems to be in play

Vacuum and dusting on the list
Two chores I'm not crazy about
Maybe today they shouldn't exist
And for today I'll cross them out

So now I'll just enjoy and drink
The coffee calling in my mug
And just relax and do not think
And give myself a morning hug.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll probably spend the rest of the day puttering around my apartment while waiting for Shoprite Supermarket to deliver my groceries. Love having the option of not having to go out in the cold snow on the ground weather. Until next time dear friends have a day of blessings.

5 comments:

  1. A hug in a mug, love it. Its currently -4* here, Toni. I hope you have a nice warm day, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a talent for poetry. Love this...I hope you gave yourself a wonderful hug in your mug! I will think of this when I drink my morning cup of tea in a mug tomorrow!! Lovely thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another adorable poem! I love the picture with it too.
    It is kind of like a morning hug and its true about having an option to stay inside when the weather is bad!
    I am hoping we don't get the big snowstorm they are predicting but its very cold out here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that poem! So true. I am staying inside this week after fighting a stomach bug and just no reason to get out. I love those times. I get so much done around the house!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.