March 21, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Spring Has Sprung?

Yesterday being the first day of Spring I thought I would do a post about Spring hoping the weather agrees and the trees start budding blossoms around here. Or at least tulips and daffodils start sprouting out of the ground. Well at least I can post a photo to match my poem because no way is Spring weather here yet.


Sounds Of Spring

As the morning dawn fills my room with filtering light
And the sounds of spring fill my soul with delight
I hurriedly shower, dress and rush out the door
For I truly can not wait to see or miss much more

Of chirping birds building their nests all around
And butterfly wings fluttering, such a wondrous sound
The trees now budding with their green leaves so bright
And tiny blossoms and lilac blooms are a welcomed sight

The colorful daffodils and tulips stand proud and tall
Lined up along the winding path and my garden wall
The sound of children laughing ring throughout the air
And the soft warm spring breeze ripples through my hair

As I fill myself with sounds and fragrance of spring
The beauty of this season that only God can bring
Happily I thank Him as chirping birds fly on by
While the warmth of the sun filters down from the sky.

Poem By Toni Taddeo ©


Thought For The Day


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until the next time dear friends, be blessed.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful...no signs of spring around here in Western NY. SIGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely poem, Toni. Makes me excited for spring as I look out the window and see snow falling. One day it will be spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toni, I enjoyed your poem, especially the last paragraph. There is so much beauty that God has given us. Thanks for sharing, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your poems! Spring has sprung in my part of the world, I've even been doing some porch-sitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem Toni.
    WE've got 10 inches of snow so far tonight.
    I suppose I will make tea and watch more Miss Marple if I can find them on YouTube.
    Keep warm on this cold spring night.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.