April 25, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Phone Call

Got a new LG Stylus 3 cell phone and I'm loving it. I have to get used to the almost 6 inches screen and all the new settings and toys  (not real toys or games)   on it. Here's what it looks like  (this one is not my own phone, mine is a Tracfone not a Cricket).  I love that stylus.


And now here's my poem I wrote called
"Phone Call From A Friend"


I got a phone call from a friend today
How you doing? What's new? Oh, by the way
You'd never guess who popped in to say hi
Not for long for they really had to fly

Asked me if I heard anything from you
Said we keep in touch but nothing new
Was time to leave they then got up to go
Say hi to you they wanted you to know

Well I guess that's all for now my friend
Hope all is well you have a great weekend
Call me soon and let me know what's new
I'll do the same as I enjoy talking to you

Yes it was great chatting with my friend
And I repeated back have a good weekend
Will definitely call if anything is new
For I too also enjoyed talking with you

We both said goodbye and hung up the phone
All was quiet now I kind of felt alone
A knock on my door made the feeling go away
As another friend asked, "how was your day?".

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thought For The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's about it for now and until next time dear friends have a day of blessings.

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing from a good friend who may be far away...it is such fun to chat and get caught up on each other's lives, even though we may visit on Facebook...it's just not the same thing at all. But then...to have a friend pop in for a visit in person? That is divine!! Love that! Thank you for cheering me up with this little "visit" today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute friend poem. Nothing like chatting with a friend. I love those deep heart to hearts with my closest friends but I so enjoy just merely chatting with friends. With technology as it is today seems like REAL face to face talks are far and few between. Kinda sad. Hope you have a great day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That alone feeling after a visit or call is familiar! You often write things that we can all relate to Toni.
    I enjoyed this cute poem.
    Nice new phone too!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.