May 25, 2018

Friday Foto Friends ~ Outdoor Plumbing?

Some may not remember what it was like before indoor plumbing but when we first bought land here in the country it was completely bare of any buildings. It was 35 acres of wooded area. My ex and my Mom worked every weekend to clear a good couple of acres to put a home on. I just had my first of four children, my daughter Elena. So we had an outhouse built for bathroom privileges. Nothing fancy just a necessary one. So I thought I would show you some modern ones from one of my Pinterest Boards. So different and cute.
Lighthouse Outhouse


Room With A View Outhouse


The Cream Of The Cr*p Outhouse 😇


My Favorite The Cartoon Outhouse

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There you go, my light fare post for this Friday. I love odd things that make me smile. I hope you do too.
If you're interested in joining the Friday Foto Friends you can visit ~ Debbie ~ by clicking on her name. It's a wonderful group of ladies that participates. Until next time dear friends have a lovely weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Toni, I love this post!!
    Those are the best outhouses I have ever seen.
    Good night.. sleep tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born on a farm in PA in 1950. All we had was an outhouse, and until we moved to Florida in 1956 I never had indoor plumbing (except for the kitchen sink). So it was a grand experience for me to have a real toilet, bathtub and shower!!! My mother used to bathe me in the kitchen sink. The others in the family (I was the baby) did have a shower in the wash house (where the wringer washer was), but I don't know how warm it was...I was too young to use it. Anyway, I loved your outhouse pictures. Ours was a 2-seater. My aunt and uncle on a nearby farm had a 3 seater, big, medium and small for the children. LOL. We did have a little gas heater in our outhouse, which was nice for PA winters. Such memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those outhouses, smiles. We had one on the farm, in Alabama..it wasn't fancy like those, LOLOL. Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Toni, love this post! The outhouses are so adorable! I do remember my grandma's house had an outhouse we used!

    I love this font in cursive!! How did you change your font over to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go into your Layout page and choose Customize Theme, then choose Advanced, then on the top you see Page and you can choose a font from there Then save Theme. That's it. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  5. Love it. By the time I came along, dad had added indoor plumbing, but my older brother and sister had to use an outhouse. We had friends that we visited that had an outhouse & I used that many times.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen an outhouse in some years but I've never seen such fancy ones. I'd like to have one in my yard as a shed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Toni! What cute outhouses! Thanks for sharing those! Have a nice Memorial Day weekend!
    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Toni, they are all so cute can't pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.