June 20, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ The Sidewalk Cafe

A brand new poem written yesterday while sitting and letting my mind wander on a perfectly sunny day wishing I was able to walk and sit and have coffee at an outdoor cafe just watching the people passing by.


The Sidewalk Cafe

Taking a walk through the city streets
On this warm wonderful clear sky day
As a thought suddenly comes to me
To stop and sit at the sidewalk cafe

I sit and watch the people passing by
As they rush off to places need to be
I smile while slowly sipping my coffee
And wonder if and what they think of me

No other place can match where I now sit
The day is too pretty to rush and run
Or worry about where I should be today
Instead of enjoying my day in the sun

I smile and wave to other passerbys
On this perfectly warm blue sky day
Happy that I thought to come and stop
And sit at this wonderful sidewalk cafe.

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The painting is by David Lloyd Glover who has a 25-year international reputation exhibiting in major galleries in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Japan. At the age of 18 he was a full-time newspaper and magazine illustrator. For his many galleries, Glover has created images ranging from Impressionist landscapes to Iconic pop art images of Jazz artists, Rock stars and vintage automotive. Click on his name to visit his site.

Until the next time dear family and friends, have a day of blessings.




8 comments:

  1. Awe, sweet poem. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. Hugs and blessings back. :)

      Delete
  2. It would be so nice to find an outdoor cafe. Your poems describe things so well you make me want to go to one now and have coffee.
    There is a restaurant nearby with a rose garden to eat in. The owner has tended roses there for 30 years and it is just the prettiest place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could just imagine sitting and looking at beautiful roses enjoying a cup with you Annie.

      Delete
  3. Love the picture and your poem! I think sitting at a sweet cafe, enjoying the sights, is so elegant! I am going to have to settle for a second cup on the deck with hubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me Kathy that is just as wonderful sitting with your hubs having a second cup. I never had that.

      Delete
  4. I love your poem! What a beautiful reminder to slow down and enjoy what is around us. I just love it.
    Have a nice weekend!
    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. You too have a nice weekend my friend.

      Delete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.