August 15, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Another Sleepless Night

Sunday night I was sitting by my laptop. It was 11:30 at night and I suddenly got a brainstorm and here is what I came up with...

Another sleepless night

Here I sit in front of my PC
Trying so hard to stay awake
While I'm yawning constantly
A cup of coffee I might take

My fingers slip upon the keys
Maybe stand and take a break
Another sleepless night for me
Kept me from being wide awake

Okay, now I get this tired hint
I'll get up and close down the PC
And empty the coffee into the sink
It's sleepy time right now for me

Off to dreamland for an hour or so
I'll just get up and close the light
No fighting sleep and off to bed I go
And wish you all a blessed good night.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laugh Of The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's about it for now and until next time dear family and friends have a day of blessings.

4 comments:

  1. This was me last night ---tossing and turning. Perhaps I ought not have taken that 2 hour nap, wink. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni! This happens to me every so often too! Loved your poem! Hope you sleep well tonight! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toni, my problem is not falling asleep, it is turning everything off and getting to bed! Some days I wake up to early but not that I am exercising I sleep better. This hot weather does not help either. I enjoyed your poem and like your background. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.