June 24, 2017

My Love Of Books

I was always an avid reader and used to read 2-3 books a week. Although I've slowed down in my reading, it's still one of my favorite pass times. I found an old question book meme that I had posted a few years back and I see my answer would still be the same.


  When growing up did your family share your love of books? If so, did one person get you into reading? And, do you have any family-oriented memories with books and reading? (Family trips to bookstore, reading the same book as a sibling or parent, etc.)  When I was a child, reading books were the way to go for enjoyment. I had no real influence as I just loved to read and at Christmas and my birthdays my aunts would always give me books. First and foremost was and is The Bible.
I grew up with all the great classics like Dickens, Cristie, Austin, Tolkein, Lewis, Verne, etc.. and I still enjoy reading them today. My father used to love anything science fiction and I remember sneaking his books at night and reading them in my room after everyone was sleeping.

Do you read? What is your favorite book or books? Let me know what books you like to read if you do. And until next time be blessed.

This Week's Reading For Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well the first weekend of summer is here and most schools are closed and children are home for the next 2 months and this means many days at the beach or parks for family and friends gatherings. Make sure there are lifeguards stationed at the beaches and lakes. Better safe than sorry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope it's a happy and blessed weekend and the weather holds out. Until the next time dear friends enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Hope to get back to reading Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark today or tomorrow. Thanks for getting me into her books. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read now. I honestly don't recall doing that much reading when I was a child, although my parents had lots of books and I loved them all, I still can't remember reading them! But I am making up for it now. I check out at least 6 or 7 books at the library every couple of weeks. Plus my Bible reading and blog reading...keeps me busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents encouraged us to read and that has held on through the years (for me, not for my brothers). Perhaps that is why I could live in a library, I love the smell of books, how silly is that. I love to read mysteries.

    Hope you have a great day, I think the schools are out here too in little ole' Hornell. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a kid I read Archie comics. Does that count?
    I didn't like books then. I would look at magazines and read the Encyclopedia Britannica in the library but books..No!
    Even as a teen I just didn't like to read books.
    It took me into my adult years before I wanted to read actual books besides text books or bible etc.
    Now I am an Agatha Christie fan and I also enjoy biography but I still like my history, philosophy and religion more.
    I love bookstores now too.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.