September 23, 2017

Autumn's Reflection

When the colors of Autumn are in full bloom, I think of myself sitting by the park lake with trees blossoming with gorgeous colors and watching their reflection in the lake. Inspired by this thought, I wrote the following poem.


Autumn's Reflection

I found me a wondrous place
a place to sit and be alone
to sink in Autumn's beauty
and feel like I'm at home.

Where fluttering leaves
color the peaceful lake
in the Autumn reflection
while no sound they make.

I found such a wondrous place
where the worries of daily life
are left distantly far behind
calming struggles and strife

Yes, a peaceful joyous place
a place to sit and be alone
to sink in Autumn's beauty
and feel like I'm at home.

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much going on today and the weather is still the warm summer like kind here in upstate NY. So I'll either read, watch tv or just hang out. In the meantime dear friends have a day of blessings.


3 comments:

  1. Love the photo and poem but your header really touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, I love your poem, that's exactly what I try to do each day. Find a way to make my home a peaceful joyous place, calm and filled with Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful poem. You really describe things so well that I can feel what you are saying in my heart.
    Lovely my friend, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.