January 15, 2018

Visit To Olana

Thought I would show you 2 photos taken by my grandson Dominic and his Ashley who I consider a lovely inside and out granddaughter. They were here from Texas for Christmas until January 6th to celebrate my 80th surprise birthday this past December 27th along with my daughter who flew in from Florida for Christmas week. The photos are high on a hill facing the Hudson River and the Catskill Mountains seen in the background.



Olana State Historic Site, the home and studio of eminent Hudson River School painter Frederic Edwin Church, is a historic site administered by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, Taconic Region. It is a designated National Historic Landmark and one of the most visited sites in the state. The Olana Partnership, a private not-for-profit education corporation, works cooperatively with New York State to support the restoration, development and improvement of Olana State Historic Site. It is 8.5 miles north of my place and just a 15 minute ride by car. Here is a photo of the majestic home. It is truly a beautiful place.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm only sorry I have no photos of the party my family gave with my son and daughter-in-law, sisters, nieces and nephews even great nieces and nephew. Pictures were taken but I haven't seen them yet. So until next time dear friends, be blessed.




6 comments:

  1. So glad your family was with you for your birthday :) Best news ever.
    Lovely photos.The Catskills are so beautiful. So full of history and stories.
    I hope you will be able to post photos of your party.
    I am so happy your daughter was able to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly surprised me. I hadn't seen my daughter in 5 years and my grandchildren in almost 2 years. Thank you dear Annie. 💜

      Delete
  2. I love, love Olana...we use to live in Hudson, as you know...and went there quite often. Happy belated 80th!! NOWAY are you 80, Toni. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That what everyone told me but it's true I have reached that age but my mind is still in the age of 40's. Thanks my friend 💜

      Delete
  3. It's wonderful that your family came to be with you for your birthday. I'm sure many precious memories were made by all.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.