July 18, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Heat Blistering Heat

For those of us who have suffered the blistering heat of the dog days of summer and for those who are still suffering from them, I dedicate my poem. I know, I know, it's no fun. I for one break out in hives on those days if I venture outdoors. Anyway here you go.


Heat Blistering Heat

AC running day & night
Fans not giving us relief
No cooling soon in sight
Temps giving lots of grief

Heat, blistering heat
Humidity and hazy wet
Sidewalks burning feet
Bodies dripping sweat

Days like this are never fun
It's so hot in the shade
Triple digits in the sun
Hottest summer in a decade

Now home from the work place
It's time for a cold shower
Oh how great the water feels
Small relief from heat this hour

Days like this are never fun
For It's so hot in the shade
With triple digits in the sun
The hottest summer in a decade

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Quote For The Day
(Yes I know ice tea for those non coffee drinkers)
😅
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time dear family and friends, keep cool and have a day of blessings.

5 comments:

  1. Toni, it is hot here. Fortunately, we got some rain last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your poem and love iced coffee. Dog days are upon us for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the poem...hot, hot, hot here in western NY. I think this is probably the longest is has stayed hot. Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I just try to avoid the heat as much as possible, but living in Florida that isn't always easy...except to just stay indoors in the AC. I am looking forward to fall!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are having a nice day today...a lovely day to sit on the porch and enjoy the gentle breeze, however, the hot temps are to be back for the weekend. :) Thank you, Toni, for sharing this poem with us.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.