December 10, 2017

The Ski Trail

Here's this week's Toni's Creative Adventures. I enjoy doing this meme once a week. It's always fun seeing how a story adventure can be created with just 4 fill in the blanks questions.

The Ski Trail

1.   While cross country skiing through an old country trail I notice a light through the trees ahead. Getting closer to the clearing I see the light comes from a cottage that looks inviting. I remove my skis and walk up the porch steps and knock on the door when - a cheerful looking grandmother type lady with dimples and a sweet smile invites me in.


2.   I step inside to a cozy living room and sitting in a big leather chair in front of the fireplace is - a friendly type elderly man whom I gathered was her husband.


3.   He smiles at me and offers me a seat and a cup of hot chocolate. We talk for a bit and - I really was enjoying my time there chatting with the elderly couple but when I glanced at my watch, I noticed it was really getting late.


4.   Happy and warm I thanked them both for their hospitality and go on my way, as I turn to wave goodbye I'm surprised to see - there is nothing but an empty field there and no sign of a cottage. "Did I dream all this? Or was it just a magical night that made me feel warm and safe. Smiling I glanced at my watch to find only 5 minutes had passed since I first spotted the cottage. Shaking my head I see I still had my skis on. I turned still smiling and went on my way wondering if I'll ever see the couple again. Glancing down I notice on the sleeve of my jacket a little chocolate stain that smelled very much like cocoa. Hmmmmm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to the Toni's Creative Adventures blog to copy the meme questions by clicking on the graphic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you join in and play along too. In the meantime dear friends have a blessed day ahead.

2 comments:

  1. {{{big grins}}} What a great a story. I will participate this week, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the story. I bet it was Mr and Mrs Claus!!
    I Put up a post for Sunday so I will do this one Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.