February 21, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Echoes Of Times Gone By

I've had nights when I couldn't sleep with memories from long ago that I would like to forget. The past few years my body doesn't know the difference between day and night. This had encouraged me to write the following poem awhile back.


Echoes Of Times Gone By

Memories keep flooding back
Good and bad my eyes do see
In echoes of times gone by
And years now fast do flee

Lack of sleep yet half awake
Rarely do the days pass on
Yet sleep or awaken, my mind
Can't keep those memories gone

As time and years swiftly fly
And memories haunt more each day
I try to busy my body and mind
In hopes of keeping bad memories away

How I long to sometimes forget
The darken days of yesteryear
And then happy times do wash away
Those memories I've come to fear

Yes, memories come flooding back
The good and bad my eyes do see
And echoes of times gone by
And the years now faster flee.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thought For The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The painting shown above my poem is by American Painter Edward Hopper. You can look him up on the net. He doesn't have a website. With not much else to post, until the next time my friends, have a day of blessings.

9 comments:

  1. I love that painting...hope you have a beautiful day friend...looks like the 60*'s days are going to be over with, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, Toni. It is easy to read your heart in your poem. Thank you for sharing it with us as well as the beautiful painting. The thought for the day is so good to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is Good and loves us, He will heal all our wounds, past, present, and future. Only Trust Him!
    Have a blessed day, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem about memories. They do come flooding back in sometimes and things we would love to forget forever.
    I hope that all your memories will forever be golden and beautiful my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written and easy to relate to. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful Wednesday, Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your poem hit the 'nail on the head' about our memories flooding back and keeping us awake. I pray your nights are better and your sleep is sound again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is beautiful and I can truly relate to your thoughts! I, too, don't sleep well at all. So talented, sweet Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful poem! I am in the same boat with sleep too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love this poem, did you write it for me? It sure does relate how I sometimes feel. Always look forward to your next poem.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.