March 28, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Instant Silly Poetry

I was taking care of "my addiction" one day last week at mid-morning. And Instantly silly poetry came into my mind and of course I wrote it down. Here you go two of them  (bottom one written awhile back)  ... Love this stuff.


Happy Snack Break

Well here I am
Coffee near by
No cookie to eat
I could just cry

Maybe I'll try
A batch to bake
Coffee does need
For goodness sake

Something to dunk
In a coffee cup
The oven's ready
Now speed it up

Coffee can't wait
For a batch to bake
Finally they're done
My happy snack break

Toni Taddeo ©


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Don't Hold Back

Hook me up
Don't hold back
It's what I need
To keep me on track

Pour it now
I like it plain
hold off the cow
Stops me going insane

Feels so good
Just what I need
Please no sugar
Just liquid java seed

So hook me up
Just plain and black
Here in my mug
Don't hold that java back...

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess you can tell how much I like my coffee and snack breaks to the point I'll even bake if necessary to go with my coffee. Peach Cobbler here I come!! And so until the next time my friends, have a day of blessings.



8 comments:

  1. Loved both of your poems today, Toni! I have to chuckle...I'm not a coffee drinker but I do love my hot tea...and something sweet to go with it. SO...I shall soon head to the kitchen to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies. :-) Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cookies, lol...sorry, my brain just saw cookies, LOLOL. Have a beautiful day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute poems and I would love a cookie and hot tea break with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gave me a good laugh this morning! Wish I had a hot baked cookie! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I wouldn't want to stand between you and your coffee!
    Cutest poems!
    Enjoy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun poems! Love the cookies and coffee poems and pictures. You are so clever...and I will definitely put the COFFEE pot on if you come calling!!! Better warn me ahead of time so I can bake some cookies too!! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for you lovely compliments. They are truly appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Ha ..This was such a cute post..It really made me smile ..Thank YOU ..I’d love a hot baked cookie with my coffee/tea too...Have a HAPPY EASTER !!!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.