November 7, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Did You Ever

Wrote this one on Sunday because the song "It Must Be Him" has been hanging around my head the past few days and it's driving me nuts 😝😣


Did You Ever

Did you ever have a kind of day
When a song is stuck in your mind
And no matter what you try to do
It's still playing there you find

You try to sing another tune
And sing it for an hour or two
But once you stop that other one
Comes back again to bother you

There was a time I must admit
I used to love that song before
It cluttered my mind continually
And this has made me very sore

And so I ask again if you had a day
When a song is stuck in your mind
And no matter what you do or say
It's keeps playing there you'll find.


Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote Of The Day

"I’ve concluded, after many years, that my mind works by process of elimination.
Problem is, it hasn’t eliminated anything yet." ~Robert Brault,  😇
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time dear family and friends, have a day of blessings.



2 comments:

  1. I think we have all had days like that!! Love the poem... says it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I have these days often. Perhaps that explains why I seldom sit and listen to music, lol. I'd never get a song out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.