January 8, 2019

Tuesday 4 Meme ~ Your Very First

I'm joining in on the Tuesday 4 Meme.


Your Very First

1.   What was your very first job?   Working in Woolworth's 5 & 10 store at the age of 16 after school in the Bronx on Allerton Ave. I never forgot that I wasn't crazy about it. I was cashier in the drinking glasses department. 😝

2.   What was your very first car?   The first car I owned under my name and not my ex's was a Dodge Rambler around 1966. We were still living in the Bronx and I had my almost 3 yr. old daughter and my baby twin boys at that time.


3.   When was your very first ride on an airplane, boat or train?   Airplane= May of 1966 on our way to Italy, Boat= Years ago on our friends speed boat. Train= The Subway in the Bronx as a young girl.

4.   Who was your very first best friend & do you still talk?   My very first best friend was a girl named MaryAnn LaPeter at the age of five. Wow! I even remembered her name. We lost touch after elementary school.

Thought For The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time dear friends and family have a blessed week.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Toni, I participated in your meme. It brought back a good memory. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Woolworth's"

    I remember them! I wonder if there are any left?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy these questions as it helps us know one another better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHHHHHHHH My mom was a soda jerk at Woolworths! I loved that place, smiles. Enjoyed your answers, Toni. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first 5 & 10 was Whalen and Berry's but when I was putting my daughter through parochial school I worked extra jobs and one of them was Woolworth's.
    Toni, we have so much in common it's scary LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just ripped down that Woolworth's here in town, very sad! I worked at the main checkout counter.

      Delete
    2. LOL! At the age of 16 I wanted to work the makeup counter but alas they thought I was too young so they stuck me in the back of the store with housewares. So of course that job only lasted a few months after all what boy would come to housewares.. LOL!!

      Delete
  6. I can't remember the answers concerning me for any of those questions. Guess I am older that I thought. Yours were interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't old dear Sylvia. I am 81 and think I'm older than most who visit here. LOL!

      Delete
  7. I never was able to go to a Woolworth's, but I have certainly heard of it. That is a neat first job. This was a fun one. Loved your answers! Happy Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun questions!! Fun answers too!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.