April 20, 2019

Saturday 9: Mighty Clouds of Joy (1974)

Being it's Saturday I'm joining in on  *Saturday 9*  for today. Hope You join in too. It's a fun meme.


BJ Thomas
Mighty Clouds of Joy (1974)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it Here

1) This song celebrates serenity. Are you feeling peaceful this morning?  Quiet, Contemplating, Peaceful and Serene.

2) The lyrics include allusions to sun and clouds. How does the world look where you are? Is it sunny or cloudy?  Definitely cloudy with chance of rain all weekend.


3) This week's featured artist, BJ Thomas, is in the Grammy Hall of Fame for another hit record that uses weather as a metaphor, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head." Make up a Hall of Fame that you believe you should be inducted into. (For example, Crazy Sam has inducted herself into The Meme Mistress Hall of Fame for her service to Saturday 9.)  😊 Toni has inducted herself into The Poets And Graphics Hall of Fame for her contribution to the World Wide Web.  (how do you like them there apples!) 😉

4) When Crazy Sam hears this song, she always sings along ... loud. Is there a song you simply cannot resist singing along with?  Right now after doing this it's "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" as I ride along on the handlebars of the bike with Paul Newman.

5) BJ Thomas has performed this song at The Grand Ole Opry. The Opry has been broadcast on the radio every week since 1925, nearly 95 years ago! Of course, back in the 1920s, radio was the only broadcast media. Today we have other choices. Is listening to the radio part of your daily routine?   Not anymore I'm too much into TV along with my laptop and having Prime Music I get my fill of music I like.

6) Though their dress code is lenient, country music fans who attend the Opry for a live show are warned: "Just remember, there's one rule we take very seriously here at the Grand Ole Opry -- you must wear something." Easter Sunday is a day many of us dress up. What will you be wearing today?  Today just plain jeans, T-shirt and sandals. Tomorrow being it's a family gathering for Easter,  I do dress up and I will be wearing a brand new dressy top and matching palazzo slacks along with dressy clog/mules.

7) Easter is recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring?  Sunny, warm in the 70's and blossoms all around.

8) Lilies are popular at Easter. Do you have a favorite flower?  I love all flowers but I am partial to Calla Lilies all colors.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until the next time dear family and friends, be blessed





13 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading this. It prompted me to go and listen to a few BJ Thomas videos. That guy had an awesome gift and talent. But Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head was a song I grew tired of hearing during the snowstorms of the north, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Butch Cassidy was a charmer, wasn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of that scene with Paul, too. He was my mom's favorite. I enjoyed your answers and the peaceful feel of your blog today. Enjoy a blessed Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I will have Raindrops keep falling on my head all morning! Love those colorful calla lillies!! Have a great Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Calla Lilies are so beautiful! (Wasn't there something Katherine Hepburn said about calla lilies?) The bicycle ride with the B.J. Thomas songs is still one of my favorites from old movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The icon bicycle scene is enblazoned on every woman's romantic heart and mind for all time , if theya re of a certain age. HEHE I wish you a blessed Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have his cassettes back then. Those lilies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Calla lilies remind me of Katherine Hepburn "The Calla lilies are in bloom again".
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday with y our family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The movie was "Stage Door" 1937 a boarding house for female actors. Ginger Rogers was in it too. She said that line towards the end in a stage play. I've seen that movie a few times and if it came up again, I would see it again. Hepburn was not a favorite of mine but I loved that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your answers!! It has finally stopped raining over here in Hornell and the humidity has finally broken as well...I am not complaining, it was just a little to sticky for me, LOL.

    I hope you have a lovely Easter my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was sunny warm and 70's at the baseball game today! We had a great time. We even got a little sun burn...just pink. I went off and left the sunscreen at home. I did hear about Aaron Judge. UGH! I just love him. I hope he is better soon. Loved your answers and have a wonderful Easter!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I desperately need to learn how to do graphics in the next five minutes. Seriously. I've been asked to design a magazine for my county's 250th anniversary and my graphics co-chair dropped out. It's a volunteer deal and I can't find anyone else to put the thing together for free. I'm a writer and a photographer, not a graphics artist. So can you look around your hall of fame and send me some names?

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.