November 18, 2019

18th Annual Holiday Train Show

November 21, 2019 – February 23, 2020
Every holiday season, the New York Transit Museum’s Grand Central Gallery plays host to a city within a city with the display of a miniature electric railroad running over, through, and beneath some of New York’s most magnificent landmarks. Celebrating its 18th year of operation, this beloved annual holiday exhibit features model trains traveling along a 34’ long, two-level, “O” gauge model train layout. This year’s exhibit is set against a mural designed by cartoonist Julia Wertz. Departing from a miniature replica of Grand Central Terminal, the Transit Museum’s collection of Lionel trains including Metro-North, Polar Express, and vintage subway train sets will dazzle the eyes of children and adults alike as they make their way past New York landmarks and on to the North Pole!



Hope you enjoyed seeing the last two photos of past shows, I know I did.😊 And now it's my time to "take the subway train back home." Have a day of blessings dear family and friends.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us, Toni. I love train displays. My father collected Lionel trains, and had quite a display in his home. I miss that so much. He would have loved this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trains, real or model. I had a model train set that I loved so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trains! There used to be a hardware store in my little town that had a Toyland upstairs, it was so great. The owner was also a lover of trains and had the biggest and best display in the front window. I always enjoyed stopping and watching the trains go around the tracks.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.