December 4, 2019

My Morning Hug

Today I'm sitting in the early morning with everything quiet and just finished a cup of coffee here in my room in Pinehaven Home in Philmont. So, with this picture in mind I thought I would post one of my poems which happens to fit right in. 😉


My Morning Hug

Sitting here with coffee in hand
In the early morning light
Thinking where today I stand
And what will be in my sight

I contemplate on my things to do
And where I should start the day
I think that things are very few
So not much seems to be in play

Vacuum and dusting not on the list
Two chores I'm really not crazy about
Here where I am they don't exist
And so for today I'll cross them out

So now I'll just enjoy and drink
The coffee calling in my mug
And just relax and do not think
And give myself a morning hug.

Toni Taddeo ©


I'll probably spend the rest of the day looking at all the goodies my children took from my old Germantown apartment and decorated my room here with photos, Nativity, etc. My room now looks like my livable home. The staff here in hospice and the home staff are wonderful and loving. I couldn't ask for a better place to be before going home to Our Lord. Thank You Jesus!!!

Until next time dear family and friends have a day of blessings.



8 comments:

  1. I sometimes think to give myself a hug too when there is no one here to hug me. I send you a virtual hug. I'm glad you are enjoy a good mani pedi and some nice coffee in a pretty cup. I'm so glad you were able to have your fixed up like home with your personal things all around. God bless you dear Toni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend. 💜

      Delete
    2. By the way that's not me in the photo. LOLOLOL! I should be so young!!

      Delete
    3. Ha, ha, I thought it was you and I was admiring your mug, your pjs and your mani pedi.:-) Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Sending you a big (((hug))) right now. And also one for Joyful above! (((hug))). So thankful you are in a good place, and how thoughtful and sweet of your family to decorate your room with your personal things to make it feel homey. I know that is a great comfort. You should take a picture and share with us! Hope your day is filled with joy and good things. Love to you, and many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture 1000 Angels along with hundreds of your family and friends smothering you with the biggest most loving hug ever. In spirit that's what we are doing in our prayers

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.