Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it Here.
1) Gidget was a sitcom that ran only one season. Have you ever seen it? Yes I did I thought Sally Field was adorable in the part of Gidget.
2) Gidget is a high school student who is more interested in surfing and boys than in the books. When you were Gidget's age, was your top priority getting good grades? Or were you more involved in the social side of student life? I can not tell a lie 😃 I was interested in both.
3) Gidget's father was nearly always unflappable when it came to his daughter's high-spirited shenanigans. Who is the coolest, calmest person you know? My son Louis who is a true gift from God to me. He is an identical mirror twin (his brother went home to the Lord at the age of 21).
4) Gidget spends as much time as she can at the beach, hanging out with her best friend Larue. Fair-skinned Larue doesn't share Gidget's passion for surfing and prefers to stay on the beach blanket, wearing a floppy hat that protects her from the sun. Are you a sun worshipper? Or, like Larue, are you careful about your exposure to the sun? I can not stay out in the sun as I break out in hives and that is due to the blood pressure medicine I take.
5) Gidget, the quintessential California girl, was created by Freidrich Kohner, an Austrian-born screenwriter. Can you think of another Austrian import? A few, Hedy Lamarr, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Maximilian Schell and too many more to name.
6) Howard Greenfield and Jack Keller wrote this week's Gidget theme. They also wrote the 1960 hit song, "Everybody's Somebody's Fool." When is the last time you felt foolish? I feel foolish now talking about it! 😉
7) This is the show that introduced Sally Field. She went on to win two Oscars and four Emmy Awards. When you think of Sally, what role comes to mind? I love her acting. Two off the top of my head are Places In The Heart and Forrest Gump.
8) Today Gidget is a grandmother. Sally reports that her grandchildren especially enjoy "sleepovers at Granny's." Where were you the last time you spent the night away from home? In California with daughter in San Gabriel and then in San Jose with my brother and sister-in-law. I was there for 10 months from August 2005 to June 2006. I haven't left home since.
9) Random question -- Describe your perfect lazy afternoon. ~ Enjoying a cup of coffee in my recliner with a book.
Keeping With The Subject, A Sally Field Quote
Until the next time dear family and friends, be blessed