November 22, 2017

Thanksgiving Blessings

Well my friends, tomorrow is the Thanksgiving holiday and in honor of today my poem and a special card for you from me. May your holiday be blessed and spent with family and friends.

Thanksgiving Day

Another year has come and gone
The turkey won't be here for long
The guests arrived and in their seat
With fork and knife now ready to eat

The carving soon awaits the knife
Poor turkey had a very short life
Cooked and stuffed a special way
For all to enjoy Thanksgiving day

The prayers and thanks already said
Please pass the gravy and the bread
Now don't forget that apple cider
Everything looks so much brighter

Yes, another year has passed away
And on this happy Thanksgiving day
Where family and friends get together
With food and love for one another.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Much love to you, Toni. I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you have a lovely and joyous Thanksgiving. Love your poem. So perfect for the day!! And your other thoughts fully express what I am feeling as well. Be blessed my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.