September 27, 2017

Dancing With Falling Leaves

Thinking of falling leaves in the coming month of October, had me remembering a couple of poems I wrote a couple of years ago. I thought I would share them with you for today's poetry day.

Come Play With Me

How gentle the autumn breeze blows today,
I listen intensely as It seems to say.
"Come play with me as I joyously dance around,
I promise your feet will never leave the ground".

It's early morn and leaves are twirling too,
And I think, "they are dancing just for you".
No more hesitation on my part, I run outside,
But sadly the breeze does suddenly subside.

With a sigh and a smile to myself I say,
The autumn breeze will be back to play.
And I will be there to dance around,
As the leaves swirl softly to the ground.

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every Falling Leaf

Every falling Autumn leaf
now dancing to the ground
With grace and softness moves
to music without a sound

With awe and wonder I watch
as they circle to the ground
Such color and beauty to behold
while they dance to silent sound

The autumn chill does warm
the coldness in my heart
As circling leaves come down
my feet happily take part

And every falling Autumn leaf
now dancing to the ground
With grace and softness moves
with me to music without a sound.

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Painting are wallpapers I've had awhile. Until the next time my friends, have a day of blessings.

4 comments:

  1. I do love your poetry. I can just feel and see the autumn leaves twirling around and round. Not a common sight here in Florida, although we do have some...just not as pretty as those up north. I miss them. I miss raking them up and jumping in the piles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice that you enjoy writing poetry like this. Nicer still that you share it with us.
    The pictures are perfect for the poems.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.