November 29, 2017

The Holiday Train Show

Enchanting model trains zip through a display of 150 landmarks, each re-created with bark, leaves, and other natural materials—all under the twinkling glow of the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory in the New York Botanical Garden. Marvel at G-scale locomotives humming along among familiar sights on nearly a half-mile of track. This year’s exhibition showcases Midtown Manhattan’s iconic skyscrapers and other architectural wonders, featuring new replicas of the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, General Electric Building, and St. Bartholomew’s Church, Grand Central Station and The Yankee Stadium among many others.






The show showcases more than 150 scaled iconic buildings and structures under thousands of twinkling lights. Step into a miniature city where famed New York architecture is recreated using bark, leaves, and other natural materials. The show runs up until January 15th 2018.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed seeing some photos of the show, I know I did. ;) And now it's my time to "take the train back home." Have a day of blessings my friends.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! I would truly love to see this display! How artfully and beautifully done! I love trains, and especially toy trains. My dad collected them and had quite the display, delighting old and young alike for many years. Our children (his grandchildren and great-grandchildre) all called him "Grandpa Choo-Choo" because that's how they always thought of him, with his choo-choo trains going round and round! Thank you for reminding me of this very happy time in my life. Be blessed today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH The guys would love this, smiles...thank you for sharing. I hope you have a beautiful day, Toni...it looks like, the weather be turning back to a normal winter pattern soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go and see this! I just love trains. My grandpa took me to the station once a week to sit and watch the trains come and go. The station was a block from our place. Every now and then he's take me on the train to Elizabeth, one town over, to go to Woolworth's. What a great treat it all was.
    This was a great post Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, would love to see it in person!! I love trains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Toni. I so enjoyed seeing all these lovely buildings. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.