November 15, 2017

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Decorating Time Again

There are times each year I basically have to talk myself into decorating for Christmas. Living alone and always invited over family members for the holiday I sometimes feel like it's a lot of work especially since I can't move around like I used to. But then comes a day in late November seeing Christmas lights and homes decorated by others, I will suddenly get back in the mood to decorate. Do you ever feel that way? Right now my tree is standing and waiting for decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving. It's a 5 ft. pre-lit with five different changing color LED lights.  (Looks better in person)  I'm reminded of a poem I wrote last November and am now posting it for today.

Trimming The Tree

It's that time again
Time to trim the tree
Boxes of many decorations
Means a lot of work for me

Tree is up with colored lights
Ready for the decorations
Make it pretty and inviting
For my friends and relations

And to celebrate Christ's birth
Beneath the tree the nativity
With angels hanging high above
The season's reason for you see

Light the candles in the window
Hang a wreath upon the door
Then stand back and look around
As the lights and candles glow

Now work is done and boxes empty
Put away until the new year
Just sit back and relax
Enjoy a glass of eggnog cheer

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well dear friends and family, until next time, have a day of blessings.


5 comments:

  1. I am ready to decorate. I have been watching the Hallmark Christmas movies and
    I has been longing for all the decorations to be up. I have even got my guest bedroom decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel that way Toni. Mr D and I spend Christmas with the kids and have done so for several years now. So, when I think about all the work involved in decorating I think...well, maybe not. Then I start hearing Christmas music, and seeing Christmas everywhere I go, and then the mood hits me, out come all the boxes and the decorating begins. Mr D and I enjoy the house being festive so I guess it's worth it after all. Love your poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We usually wait to the day of Thanksgiving, however, my husband said he will everything done by the time I get home from the hosp. I do love decorating and such. smiles

    Thank you for the smiles, Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tree! It makes perfect sense to decorate even if you live alone because it is for a special Birthday celebration!
    Very nice poem. Describes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your poem...I totally understand. I always dread getting everything out and doing it, but then am so glad when I finally get it done and we can enjoy it for the rest of the month. Then I dread the clean up afterwards, but am so glad to get it done and things back in place again for the beginning of the New Year! Yes, we need to enjoy our celebration of Christ's birth and proclaim His coming to all around! Happy Days, even if it is a lot of work!!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.