December 26, 2017

Book Reading

Thought I would post something today and so I'm posting about reading. I was always an avid reader and used to read 2-3 books a week. Although I've slowed down in my reading, it's still one of my favorite things to do. I found an old question book meme that I had posted awhile ago that I thought you might like to answer. Below is my answer to the meme.

  When growing up did your family share your love of books? If so, did one person get you into reading? And, do you have any family-oriented memories with books and reading? (Family trips to bookstore, reading the same book as a sibling or parent, etc.)  When I was a child, reading books were the way to go for enjoyment. I had no real influence as I just loved to read and at Christmas and my birthdays my aunts would always give me books. First and foremost was and is The Bible.
I grew up with all the great classics like Dickens, Cristie, Austin, Tolkein, Lewis, Verne, etc.. and I still enjoy reading them today. My father used to love anything science fiction and I remember sneaking his books at night and reading them in my room after everyone was sleeping.



Do you read? What is your favorite book or books? Let me know what books you like to read if you do. And until the next time dear friends and family, be blessed.

4 comments:

  1. My parents nor my siblings were avid readers, but I was never discouraged by them for my love of books. In the early grades I can remember loving to read, then in 7th grade my Lit. class read Great Expectations. I loved it, we had a great teacher and he would let the class discuss every chapter as we went through the book. Well, that really got me hooked. I have books I haven't even read...YET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all were avid readers. My love of mysteries came from Agatha Christie. I pretty much just read mysteries still.

    I hope you have a beautiful day, Toni. The temp says 18*, but the windchill says -5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father was a great reader of history, science, religion and etc. He always had a book in his hands.
    I was never a reader as a kid. I hated to read. I just wanted to be outside playing!
    I was a comic book reader only and read Archie and Richie Rich. But I did hang out at the library reading the Encyclopedia Britannica and other reference books.
    I started reading as an adult and began with Agatha Christie. My eyes are pretty bad so now I read a lot online and it is mainly religion and science. My books are biographies, religion, science and my favorite is Christie, Robert Parker(Spenser for Hire and Jesse STone) etc. I do love A Christmas Carol and it is my favorite book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. I am crazy about your new header. It is just wonderful.

      Delete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.