December 6, 2017

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Shimmering Crystals

Getting to see many houses in my area really going all out decorated with so many beautiful lights and there is one house that every year has a beautiful big Christmas tree decorated with many crystal ornaments in their front window that inspired me to write the following poem last December.


Shimmering Crystals

Shimmering crystals shining bright
lighting up the darkened night

From your window I can see
hanging on your Christmas tree

I listen to the twinkling sound
as they magically spin around

Loving how they dress the tree
bringing out the child in me

How I wish this season never ends
for the joy and love it lends

Shimmering crystals shining bright
watch them lighten up the night.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had some blogging friends ask me about the church in my header. It's a Reformed Church and my view you see in my header is the back of the church and where I put my graphic wreath is where the local food pantry is located in the back. The church was organized in 1728 or 1729 by a Rev. Johannes Van Driessen, who was its first pastor. It's not the church I go to but I love looking at it. A few years ago I visited inside and it is truly an old beautiful church. It's the oldest Reformed Church in the state. Here is a photo of the front of the church  (not by me).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think of my little shimmering crystal poem, you won't hurt my feelings LOL!. So until the next time my friends, have a day of blessings.



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your shimmering crystal poem...it speaks to me as a little child too...I can imagine in my mind how beautiful that tree must be...shining and reflecting so many lights...as we are the Light of Christ in the world...we should also be shimmering and shining for Him at Christmas and all year long. I love the picture of that church...It truly is a beautiful old church, and I'm glad you posted a picture of the front of it. It must be very peaceful for you to have that lovely church as your view each day. so comforting! Thank you for sharing this and your lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poof, my comment went into smoke, lol...I just love your poem, Toni. I just love that church, once when I had to go to the Germantown post office, I stopped in and visited the church, its very lovely and quaint.

    I hope you have a beautiful and joyous day, friend. It looks like the "s" word will be moving in sooner than later, smiles. Its about time, its Dec. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem! That tree must be magical for sure. What a great idea.
    I am a fan of that church. It just looks so pretty there.
    They aren't building houses of worship like this anymore so they are precious. These were built back when God was more important to more people I think so they put up buildings to honor Him.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.