January 11, 2018

Winter Waterfall

Seeing this photo online of a frozen waterfall in winter reminded me of a little poem I wrote a few years ago and thought I would post it for today. Let me know what you think.


Winter Waterfall

Winter waterfall silent and still
The long icy tendrils stop its cascade.

Just frozen in place suspended in time
Like a brushless painting with camera made.

Longing, waiting for an early spring's thaw
to allow it to finish its majestic downpour.

Winter waterfall silent and still
Soon to flow steady and ready to spill.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So until the next time my friends, have a day of blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely poem. Winter has its own pretty things.
    Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely poem... I love the artistry of your words! I hope you are feeling better today. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.