February 13, 2018

Toni's Own Soup

Have you ever looked in your freezer and seen so many frozen bags of vegetables and all of a sudden you felt like grabbing a few and decided to make your own kind of "Vegetable Bean Soup"? Well I did that yesterday and here are my results. In the following order:
  • Two tablespoons oil in a 4 quart saute pan
  • one cut up onion until translucent
  • 2 cloves garlic cooking just 2 minutes.
  • 1 bag each of broccoli, cauliflower, brown rice, kale. Each partly microwaved to soften
  • 1 box frozen peas as is
  • 1 can of cannellini beans with liquid
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 4-5 cups water, preferred over store broth too much salt content
  • black pepper, oregano, parsley and basil.
Brought it all to a boil then lowered the heat to simmer for a couple of hours. Here's the results. First photo simmering, second photo finished product.



This may not be to your liking then you can always add your own veggies. I decided not to use carrots as I don't like them cooked, didn't use potatoes or pasta as it would have been too much. I do know this is the best way to rid your freezer of vegetables that were in there too long and I now have 6 cooked ahead soups in my freezer. Actually there was 7 but I ate it for last night's dinner. Delicious if I say so myself.
Thought For The Day
Soup Humor
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time, have a day of blessings my friend.

8 comments:

  1. Sure looks tasty. Yes I do that lots of times when I have veggies left over, I throw them all in a pan and add to it for soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, thank you for shaing how you did this delicious looking soup. I am going to copy it so the next time I have some bags of frozen veggies in the freezer I can give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Dianna. I always do this every so often. :)

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious and would be so healthy! I will try some this week.
    Always looking for new recipes!
    Thanks my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I have a few veggies in my freezer that I haven't used - what a neat idea to use it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure looks good!! Mr D and I love soup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your soup looks good! I love soup. One of my first cooking assignments from cooking class at school was a quick cook soup. We had to cook hamburger meat with onions and garlic. Meanwhile we added beef broth to water and heated until boiling. Then we added the meat and tomato sauce. Then we added a bag of mixed veggies. I thought it was good but my siblings did not like veggies. They asked that I make it again with just potatoes. Mom taught me how to make ground beef tacos with potatoes. It was my dad's favorite. I have the recipes at my website listed under the site map. Thanks for sharing! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toni, this looks so yummy! Diane

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.