February 8, 2018

Yesterday's Snow Storm

Yesterday's snowstorm came and went. Not sure how many inches but it looked like 6 to me. But the cold just hangs around. I spent the day catching up on this season's NCIS show through CBS All Access on my Roku. Hopefully they'll soon show the last few episodes. Anyway here's a poem I wrote awhile back that I thought would work with yesterday's weather.


Town In White

Town streets laden down with snow,
Watching people covered from head to toe.
Those not used to this winter white,
Are hating the town's cold snowy sight.

Wishing they were home all safe and warm,
Instead of out in this terrible storm.
A change of season come soon oh please,
I need the warmth of a summer breeze.

How strange to see this town in white,
It makes for an unusual blustery sight.
A hot steamy drink would warm me now,
As I shovel and wait for the town's snow plow.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all are safe and sound with better weather. Until the next time be blessed.

5 comments:

  1. We had a rainy day yesterday, stayed inside all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow here in Florida...no rain either...just plenty of sunshine! But I LOVE your poem, Toni, and the picture of the snow. Is this what you see when you look outside your window? Very beautiful, and cold!! I hope you don't have to go anywhere until it melts a little! Have a blessed and beautiful and cozy inside day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your poems. No snow in Texas, just rain, although the sun is shinning this morning. It's refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very rainy here in South Jersey but no snow for us. North Jersey got it all.
    Still it was very stormy here.
    Your poem goes perfectly with the photo.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.