April 2, 2018

Daydreaming

Here's the last of my Toni's Creative Adventures. This time the memories mentioned in this adventure are real ones for me. Three of my children did learn to swim in a "stream" here known as Dales Bridge. It was a true country swimming hole that is now on private property and I'm sure never really used anymore. It's always fun seeing how a story adventure can be created with just 4 fill in the blanks questions. Try it sometime.

Daydreaming

1.   While sitting quiet and still by the stream I - watch the cascading water gently spill over the bank and down into the stream while I take in the beauty of this wonderful place.


2.   I close my eyes and silently daydream of - better days that have long passed by while memories of when I was a young mother come back to me.


3.   Now watching and thinking back of my younger days when my children - were learning to swim in a stream like this while I sat on the bank watching the swimming instructor carefully teaching them how to take care while in the water and of the joy of being able to swim without fear. And soon I opened my eyes knowing hours have passed by and realizing that.


4.   Now it's time to leave this peaceful place and as I turn back and look - at the setting sun shining on the cascading water over the bank into the stream, I think to myself how this lovely quiet place brought back beautiful memories of long ago, memories that I will always treasure.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go to the Toni's Creative Adventures blog to copy the meme questions by clicking on the graphic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've enjoyed creating this meme and want to thank the two others who have joined in. This one is the last adventure for me here and on Toni's Creative Adventures as there will be no more.

In the meantime dear friends have a blessed day ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Awww...no more??? My apologies for not joining in lately, school is keeping my brain occupied, sigh.

    I hope you have a beautiful day, regardless of the weather. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apologies Linda..LOL! I just can't seem to think of new "adventures" anymore. As the saying goes, "It ain't easy!" I will have a good day as I get to watch my new DVD "Goodbye Christopher Robin". I'll probably write a review on the blog one day next week. Have a blessed day my friend.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! The photo's and your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures Toni. Speaking of swimming, we would swim in the river. I can remember the old river water being black and not thinking a thing about jumping in. Now, I shudder to think what might be in that water. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful memories Toni. Beautiful place too. Sad to see the adventures go. But I know you have many more ideas in your head. Your blog is never boring and always has great things to read and see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your memories here...I know such happy memories... I had intended to write my adventure last week, but present day life became too difficult for my "daydreaming". I really hate for you to stop this...I was just getting started!! Have a blessed and wonderful week, in spite of the new snow today. Spring is definitely coming...

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.