April 4, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Time

How often do you hear or even said yourself, "Look how fast the day, week, month, year, has gone! We senior citizens and maybe some younger ones have realized how time does march on. This made me write the following ode to time poem.


Time

Minutes: See how fast they fly
Hours: Watch them passing by

Days: One by one are gone
Weeks: Time is Marching on

Months: Twelve are here then there
Years: Swiftly go, so hard to bear

Ticking and tocking each passing day
As hands of the clock move on fast
Calendars marked from beginning to end
Seasons come then swiftly gone and past

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Painting Of The Day


Painting is by Millie Gosch an avid plein air painter who says, "I paint what I know, and what I love is nature". This painting from her site is titled,  "Hope With Feathers ©".  Another new beginning!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you all had a joyful and blessed Easter Day. Mine was perfect with family, blessings, good food and the joy of children, and babies. We were 4 generations represented. Until next time dear friends and family, be blessed.



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting and poem. Hope you have a lovely day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is stunning and loved your little poem. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely poem...and I do agree with how time is marching on much too quickly. Not sure where it all went ? The years fly by, and in my mind I'm still a young woman...but in my body and surroundings...well, so much has changed...But God is here all the time...His love and care are eternal...Praise God!! Love the painting of the bird's nest. That is special. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can it be that this poem will be my favorite? I have loved them all but this one really spoke to me. Maybe because I can relate to each and every word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem. You really captured most people's feelings in it.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.