April 11, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ This Wonder Before Me

After looking at the beautiful photos of the Florida beaches and oceans taken by my daughter, I suddenly got creative and along with one of her photos I wrote the poem you see below. While writing it I could almost picture myself there. Hope you enjoy reading it.

This Wonder Before Me

Oh what a day! Not a cloud in the sky
Sun is shining so brilliant and bright
Watching the gulls as upward they fly
As bare tingling feet in the sand walk by

The warmth of the sun now caresses my face
As the soothing ebb of the tide softly flows
A wonderous scene my soul does embrace
I slowly walk on, the sand tickling my toes

Yes what a great day this truly has been
This wonder before me is a scene to behold
And as the sun's warmth softly kisses my skin
I walk on embracing this day made of gold.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thought For The Day


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's about it for now and until next time dear friends have a day of blessings.

6 comments:

  1. Good poetry and a great thought for the day. Thank you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poem, sure would love to be sitting on that beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe,,,what a sweet poem and now I want to be at the beach!!!! Lovely photo. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that poem and picture...perfect together! Makes me want to go to the beach too. It's getting warm enough now! And the rain has stopped. Love the quote/thought for the day as well...very true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that picture a lot! I remember being in the ocean at Miami and in the Gulf on the way to Key West. It was like a bathtub in temperature
    I always love your poems and it does go perfectly with the photo!
    Happy Wednesday Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. We sure do need to be wise with our choices and pray about them. I always enjoy your poems.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.