June 13, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ The American Flag

On June 14, 1777, the Continental Congress passed an act establishing an official flag for the new nation. The resolution stated: “Resolved, that the flag of the United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation." On Aug. 3, 1949, President Harry S. Truman officially declared June 14 as Flag Day.


And In Honor Of Flag Day Tomorrow, Here Is My Poem

Looking up and flying in the wind
In colors of red, white and blue
With my hand placed upon my heart
My pride flows from within for you

You stand for our country's freedom
You stand for lives and blood shed
To keep our country blessed and free
Proud here I stand, high I hold my head

So galantly you wave high above me now
Your stars and stripes of freedom fly
While silent prayer from within my soul
I honor those who with you fought and died

Yes! Looking up and flying in the wind
In colors of red, white and blue
With my hand placed upon my heart
My pride flows from within for you.

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Of The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hang up or out a Flag today. Until the next time dear family and friends, Have a day of blessings.



2 comments:

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.