July 14, 2018

Saturday 9: I Love Lucy (1951)

Being it's Saturday I'm joining in on Saturday 9 for today. Hope You join in too. It's a fun meme.

Saturday 9: I Love Lucy (1951)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it Here

1) Before today, did you know that the "I Love Lucy" theme had lyrics?  Imagine That! No I didn't know.

2) Since its premiere in 1951, I Love Lucy has never been off the air. Are you a fan?  I used to be a big fan and watched it when it first came on the air in 1951. Boy! Does that date me. As for now, no, I haven't watched it in years.

3) On the show, Ricky Riccardo supports his family by performing in a nightclub. Do you know anyone in show business?  No, not personally.

4) Lucy and Ricky's best friends are Fred and Ethel, their landlord and his wife. Are you friendly with your neighbors?   Living in a 50 apt. senior complex I'm friendly but not close with all my neighbors.

5) One of the most popular episodes has Lucy and Ethel working on the conveyor belt at a chocolate factory. When did you last have chocolate?  Just this morning I had chocolate chip waffles by Eggo 😄.

6) Another famous episode has Lucy promoting Vitametavegimin. This tonic is made with vitamins, meat, vegetables -- and 23% alcohol. Do you read the ingredients statement before you take an over-the-counter medication? Or do you trust that it's safe because it's on the store shelf?  Besides over the counter medication I always read the ingredients on anything I buy and never trust anything being safe.

7) I Love Lucy was filmed before a live audience. Desi Arnaz (Ricky) always maintained he could identify the chuckle of his mother-in-law, who attended every taping. Do you know anyone who has a distinctive laugh? Yes! My sister Phyllis has a great distinctive laugh and they probably would say the same about me.

8) The show ended when the Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz marriage ended. Have you ever had to choose sides when a couple broke up? Yes! Just once..😉  My own after 36 years of marriage and that was in 1995.

9) Random question -- You must eat the same dinner, every day, between now and Labor Day. An identical menu, no deviation. What will you be having? The same dinner I have now. A fruit and veggie smoothie I make myself. Always the same except for a change of frozen fruits and spinach or kale with vanilla protein powder, ground cinnamon or cocoa powder, cashew milk, water and ground flaxseed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keeping With The Subject Thought For The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time dear family and friends, be blessed

9 comments:

  1. Smoothies are good food! And, I SO know now that I didn't read #7 properly. Loved your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Eggo made chocolate chip waffles! It's always good to find new ways to eat chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smoothie "recipe" sounds exactly like the one my friend shared with me just the other day except that she tosses some chia seeds in hers. I'm glad you chose your own side. I've seen a few who let it defeat them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grinning...thanks for the lovely post. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your smoothie sounds really good. I probably planned on too big a dinner every day for myself! Haha! Plenty to choose from. I like the Lucy collage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Toni...that smoothie sounds delicious. Your Lucy collage is really nice...and love the quote at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 36 years is an impressive run. I'd probably be the same way as you with neighbors if I lived where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Lucy then and I guess I always will. I grew up watching her and thought she was my real mother since she had red hair and I did too, and my mother was a brunette. Plus, Lucy and my mother both had high cheekbones and a wonderful smile. Happy memories from childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am pretty sure I'm the only person left in the US who does not know how to make a smoothie. They sound so easy but yet . . . they aren't. Of course the fact I'm allergic to milk/whey probably doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.