July 13, 2018

Friday Foto Friends ~ Lighting Up My World

Thought I would feature the closest Lighthouses to me on The Hudson River for today's Friday Foto Friends. All are or may still be open to visitors either by boat or by land. Lighthouses have always fascinated me. The first four look like houses on the water. The fifth looks like a small lighthouse but it's not as small as it looks.

Saugerties Lighthouse across the Hudson from me


Hudson-Athens Lighthouse on the Hudson closest to me.
(I feature this one a lot on my blogs)


Roundout Lighthouse on the Hudson down the line from me.


Esopus Meadows near Kingston, on the Hudson.


The Stony Point Lighthouse, south of me (1-1/2 hrs. by car).
Built in 1826, it's the oldest lighthouse on the Hudson River.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thought For The Day

If you're interested in joining the Friday Foto Friends you can visit Debbie by clicking on her name or her ~Logo on the Left Side Menu~ . It's a wonderful group of ladies that participates. Until next time dear friends have a lovely weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Love your lighthouses. It is interesting how these look more like houses without such high towers. I guess because they are on a river instead of the ocean they don't need such high towers. Would be very interesting to visit these...and to live in one!!! Although I need more of a yard to walk around outside...I'm afraid I would sleep walk and fall in the river! LOL. This was very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I love lighthouses. I have driven by some on my beach trips but never had the pleasure to tour one. I need to put that on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I miss Hudson, repeat parrot, smiles. Have a lovely day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Lord, let me be a lighthouse for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I would love to see each of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lighthouses are wonderful and I love these photos of the Hudson. What a wonderful area so filled with history and romance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really fancy lighthouses, very pretty really. I'm used to tall, thin ones. I like all lighthouses but yours are quiet attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful lighthouses...and, yes, they do look like houses. What a lovely area you live in, Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I honestly didn't know there were lighthouses that are actually "houses" and not the tall cylinder looking buildings! What a lovely place to live! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up and en"light"ening me! ☺

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.