July 25, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Fresh Made Muffins

I'm always looking for something to enjoy with my coffee. Every once in awhile I'll bake a six batch of peach muffins. I make them without the paper muffin cup liners as I don't usually have them. I love having my coffee with a warm muffin straight out of the oven and of course a poem to go with it. BTW, photos found on the web. My muffins are gone before I can photo them! 😋


Fresh Made Muffins

Just feel the warmth of the oven
Smell the muffins baking inside
Using the fruit of the season
Made with care and loving pride

With a cup of fresh made coffee
Muffins always taste the best
Especially straight from the oven
Warm and tasty and easy to digest

Yes, I also love to make and bake
Cakes and pies and other things
But something about a warm muffin
With a cup of coffee joy it brings

Yes! A cup of fresh made coffee
With a muffin does taste the best
Especially straight from the oven
Warm delicious and easy to digest.

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recipe Of The Day

Peach And Brown Sugar Muffins
Ingredients    

  • 4 cups flour
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups dairy sour cream
  • 1/2 cup cooking oil
  • 1 cup chopped fresh, frozen or canned peaches
Directions

In large mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and allspice. Make a well in the center.
Combine the eggs, sour cream and oil; stir in peaches.
Add peach mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened; batter should be lumpy. Spoon batter into greased or paper-bake-cup-lined muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
Bake in a 400 degrees oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans; serve warm. Makes about 20
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until next time dear family and friends have a day of blessings.

9 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum....thanks Toni, have a beautiful day, smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem is delightful and the muffins are wonderful! I made muffins earlier this week and your sentiments in the poem fit my experience wonderfully. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni, I love this post. Something to read, a poem and a recipe too. Wow. I love muffins too. Once in honor of the Queen's birthday, my granddaughter and I baked muffins, but she called them crumpet. LOL. My g.daughter is 14 now and we rarely see her...she is young and it is summer and we are old and too boring. LOL. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. I will stop by to visit your site. Remember, you are only as old as you feel. LOL! Blessings to you too my friend.

      Delete
  4. The recipe sounds so good and the poem is equally good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love muffins, but I don't bake them often because I hate to wait so long to get them done. I need to get right at it first thing in the morning before I go sit down with my cup of tea and reading devotions, email, facebook, etc. Then they can be baking while I read. Peach muffins sound so good. I have some fresh peaches needed to be used right now...I may have to do this tomorrow morning. Thank you for the idea. Love your poem. Always so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe, I know they must be sooooo good. Yes, a warm muffin and a hot cuppa coffee, yummy. And love, love, love you poem!!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.