August 24, 2018

Friday Foto Friends ~ Catskill Mountains And Peace Train

The beautiful Catskill Mountains is my choice for this week's Friday Foto Friends. I get to see them all the time from my side of the Hudson.
Views of the Catskill Mountains like this led
To the name "Blue Mountains" for a time

I'd be a nervous wreck sitting on the edge like her

The Sleeping Old Man In The Mountain From My Side Of The River

I thought I would also present a video along with photos of the Catskill Mountains. It's the first of its kind Peace Train on the Catskill Mountain Railroad! The Peace Train excursions in August offer a unique unification of community with organizations that promote world peace while featuring local musicians to entertain, inspire, and explore connections between our earth and her inhabitance while journeying along beautiful landscapes of New York State’s historic rails. Only a minute and a half long.



Quote Of The Day


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're interested in joining the Friday Foto Friends you can visit *Debbie* by clicking on her name or the Friday Foto Friends Graphic on the left menu. Until next time dear friends have a lovely weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures; I am a mountain lover so enjoyed them especially. Thanks for sharing and have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place. I would love to take a train ride up there some day. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...when we sailed up the Hudson, we saw the train...just loved it.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rolling mountains of your photo of the Catksills remind me of the Smokies. I love that kind of scene. I don't think I'd want to get that close to the edge either! Thanks for sharing the video of the Peace Train. That would be a lovely thing to do. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, your web page is beautiful! I love all the school days theme. Great job! And second of all, I love your photos today and that last quote. I would love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful. I always love seeing NY state.
    You know there is a growing group of people who believe those "old men of the mountains" are actual giants who died before the flood. When you see the extent of mountains with faces and bodies it does seem more than coincidental. True or not, it is interesting to think about :) and I love considering those things.
    Happy Friday Toni!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, that was so sweet...love the "peace train" idea...that is really nice. Love the "sleeping old man" in the mountains. Reminds me of the Old Man in the Mountain in NH that finally slipped off the side of the mountain after eons of delighting many. I like to see figures like that in the clouds...so much to see in God's magnificent creation. Thank you for sharing this with us. Delightful. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed The Sleeping Old Man in the Mountain and I sure wouldn't sit on that ledge....nope, not me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my mercy, I'd be a nervous wreck too... I'm full of fears and heights is at the top! Beautiful mountains...We've lived near the Smoky Mountains our entire lives! Happy weekend, dear Friend. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that saying in the last one!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.