August 12, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook {August Edition}

I'm joining in on Peggy's SWD meme for today. The meme is monthly and so I'll be posting it anytime during the month.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It's 8:30 AM, humid, damp and sunless morning.

I am thinking... about not too much just trying to get back into the creative mood again. This humid summer weather has made me lazy.
I am thankful... For getting up and being granted another day on this earth thanks to The Lord.

One of my favorite things... right now is watching my favorite baseball team the New York Yankees play especially when they win. 😉

I am creating... just a few little pixel graphics and a beginning start of a new poem not much else.

I am wearing... the same old, same old, well not the same every night but a loose top and jeans.

I am reading... Not anything special right now.

I am hoping... the new short haircut keeps me feeling cooler and that the reading bug hits me again soon.

I am learning... that at my age I can still enjoy the little things in life and maybe some bigger things. 😊

In my kitchen... the only thing going on right now is a fresh pot of coffee.

A Favorite Quote Of Mine... ""God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me." 😇

Post Script Not much else to post and so dear friends and family have a day of blessings and keep cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thought For The Day

6 comments:

  1. I love the quote...smiles

    Humid here in western NY too and looks like rain will be moving back in later today, sigh. I do hope you have a lovely day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely sunny day in Tennessee. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quote too...good thought...I love your graphics. Do you do those yourself? Amazing...You are a multi-talented woman! Hope your team wins. I'm not into baseball that much, but my hubby likes the Tampa Rays since we live in Florida. When we lived in New England it was the Boston Redsox. When we lived in Ohio it was the Cleveland Indians, and when in Michigan it was the Detroit Tigers...so he is pretty much a hometown/state fan. I just enjoy knowing he is happy enjoying whoever it is!! LOL. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pamela and yes every graphic you see on my site was drawn by me. I have drawn and painted in every medium and have sold oil paintings and have had some of my poems published. :)

      Delete
  4. I hope your creative bug hits again too since I love your graphics, the cutest ever.
    The fresh pot of coffee sounds like a good idea right about now.
    I sometimes keep the Yankee game on when I miss my Mom who was a fanatic and just adored them.
    That is a great quote and done so nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Annie but I know you are the true artist here. Hugs my friend.

      Delete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.