October 8, 2018

Dreary And Rainy Days

It's been cloudy and dreary here all week raining on and off. It's been so quiet around here that I spend the days not accomplishing much of anything. So here is my poem for today that reflects the weather. At least I'll get to enjoy the company of my sisters this afternoon for our card game.


Falling Rain

Darkened daylight and steady rain
Strangely soothing on window pane

Birds in background chirping too
Softly I hum following their cue

Even the clouds moving in time
Make for a day drearily sublime

Cool and yet still warming my soul
Weather right now is in control

Eyes closed relaxing no strain
Enjoying the sound of falling rain.

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thought For The Day


Hope you enjoyed my "Falling Rain" poem. Not much else to post so until the next time my family and friends, have a day of blessings.

9 comments:

  1. I did enjoy your poem and hope you have a nice Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your posts, smiles

    Same kind of weather here too, but its been humid...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the falling rain post...we are expecting some more falling rain here this week if that Hurricane Michael has anything to do about it... Your poetry gift is a blessing to me. You truly do have a gift, and it is just awesome, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainy and foggy here and the pressure is very low. I was up all night with sciatica pain. Hurricane coming from gulf so, I am feeling it all the way up here.
    I always enjoy your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Toni, I love the rain but we don't get enough of it. We do have nice weather this week, fall for us when it is in the 70's. I always love your poems! Have a great week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the poem, Nana. Have fun tonight with your sisters! Wish I was there to play with you!! Love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it's good to have a rainy day. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.