October 22, 2018

Toni's Recipe Monday

Being many are thinking of Thanksgiving   (My family is anyway)  I thought I would do a recipe post for you. Prepare this easy, flavorful stuffing in a baking dish, or use it to stuff your bird or turkey. The apple and sausage give it an engaging flavor.


Apple & Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
Ingredients

2 (8.5 ounce) packages dry corn muffin mix
1 pound pork sausage links, thinly sliced
1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
8 slices white bread, cut into cubes
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Cool and crumble. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, slowly cook and stir the mushrooms, celery, onion and garlic until soft. In a large bowl, mix the crumbled prepared corn muffin mix, sausage, mushroom mixture, apple, bread, salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a medium baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes, or until lightly browned. Makes 8-10 servings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Laugh Of The Day
(Sorry I couldn't help myself 😇)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until the next time dear family and friends, be blessed

8 comments:

  1. I love stuffing. Your recipe looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks inviting! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, Toni and lol at your cartoon. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL on the Turkey photo!
    Your stuffing looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is like the one I make except I use regular bread, several apples, walnuts or pecans, and I use Italian sausage and Banquet Brown and Serve Beef sausage, then onion, celery etc.No mushrooms. I got the recipe from TV Guide back in the day when it was easy to use and we didn't have cable. I got a lot of nice recipes from it.
    I like the cartoon, poor Turkey!! We are also thinking of Thanksgiving. Big day for us here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Toni, I like your recipe. My hubby can't eat pork but he loves my mom's recipe using chicken livers. My sons love it too. Not sure what we are doing for Thanksgiving this year since we are leaving to Hawaii the day after Thanksgiving. I am working on my Blogger site so let me know what you think. I am still posting at my website too. Have a great week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Toni!! Your recipe sounds wonderful! I am ready for Thanksgiving too! Just love this time of year! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Toni, I will still be at my website for awhile. It will take me time to save everything. I am trying to save pages and print some to put in a notebook. I may do the Friday Photo at Blogger for now. Not sure if you read the post at my regular blog. We are going to Hawaii and I plan to put pics there for my family. So you can add the Blogger site but keep my website blog until I am ready for end it. Thank you for asking. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.