October 24, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Growing Older

When granted many years of life, growing old in age is natural, but growing old with grace is a choice. The clock never stops and never waits. The trick is growing up without growing old. It's life's plan after all and enjoyable if you accept it. So my friends here is another poem version of mine dealing with that fact.

Growing Older

Yes, older and wiser I've become
Well anyway older that's for sure
Daily things I've forgotten some
Each day I forget something more

Where did I put that set of keys?
They aren't where I saw them last
Oh Lord, someone help me please
This time is moving way too fast

Now I don't mind this aging thing
And I don't mind my wrinkled face
Or forgetfulness aging will bring
I only wish it would slow the pace

The saying goes what will be will be
And some memories are best to forget
Growing older is surely not up to me
So accept growing older with no regret.

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Laugh Of The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until the next time dear family and friends, have a day of blessings.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely poem. It is a choice to get older with grace. If we want it, we can do it I guess.
    I got a good laugh from the cartoon too!
    I'll put up my Haiku for tomorrow also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem. I want to grow older with grace and a good attitude :-) I laughed out loud at the cartoon. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, such a cute poem lady. I just told someone the other day that I am trying real hard to age gracefully. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely poem. I know I don't like the effects of "growing older". But I am thankful to have the opportunity to do so. Many are not given this chance. May God help me to continue to "age gracefully", but give me the strength to keep going day by day, for His glory. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like every time you post a poem, I say, "Love this poem so much," but I can't help it because I ALWAYS love them. You creativity always brings me joy. I also love that you noted; "growing old with grace is a choice."
    Love you so much, Nana xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green... Psalm 92:14

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.