November 10, 2018

Let's Give Honor Where Honor Is Due

A Special Yearly Post. God bless all Veterans on this special day who gave their all. The wounded, deceased and living. My heartfelt and deepest thanks.



A Mother Of A Veteran

Standing by the sidewalk curb,
Waiting to see her march by
Dressed in military best,
Holding our flag up high.

Her eyes straight ahead
Her shoulders back and proud
Marching to the military band
As they play in tune and loud.

Swelled with love and pride
I wave as she passes me by
A patriot forever is my child
With strength from deep inside.

The world may have forgotten
How she served this country well
One of our forgotten Veterans
Who has returned home from hell.

But I remember and thank them all
Our country's military best
The wounded and the lucky ones
And those who were laid to rest.

For us, you keep our country free
In honor and pride I salute you all
And forever give my love and thanks
That you answered our country's call.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To my daughter who served in the Army, I wish a Happy Veteran's Day and to all veterans who served. The photo was taken in 1982.

Until the next time dear friends and family be blessed.

7 comments:

  1. May all veterans be blessed and cared for. I admire and salute them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Toni! Love your poetry as always! Thank-you to your daughter for her service! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a beautiful post!! Thanks to your daughter and all who have served our great country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to your daughter who served. Have a lovely day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankful for all the men and women that serve us and protect our freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot to be proud of Toni.
    I am grateful to Elena for her service to our nation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful post, Toni. Thanks to your daughter for her service.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.