December 10, 2018

TCA ~ The Ski Trail

Being it's close to that time of year I thought I would repeat one of my "Toni's Creative Adventures" an old meme of mine that seems to fit in right now. No I'm not bringing back this meme as I have too much going on right now with my 3 blogs. But this one was always a favorite of mine as it is a little magical. Hope you enjoy it too.

The Ski Trail

1.   While cross country skiing through an old country trail I notice a light through the trees ahead. Getting closer to the clearing I see the light comes from a cottage that looks inviting. I remove my skis and walk up the porch steps and knock on the door when - a cheerful looking grandmother type lady with dimples and a sweet smile invites me in.


2.   I step inside to a cozy living room and sitting in a big leather chair in front of the fireplace is - a friendly type elderly man whom I gathered was her husband.


3.   He smiles at me and offers me a seat and a cup of hot chocolate. We talk for a bit and - He asked how I was enjoying my time here and I really was enjoying my time now chatting with the elderly couple but when I glanced at my watch, I noticed it was really getting late.




4.   Happy and warm I thanked them both for their hospitality and going on my way, as I turned to wave goodbye I was surprised to see - there is nothing but an empty field there and no sign of a cottage. "Did I dream all this? Or was it just a magical night that made me feel warm and safe. Smiling I glanced at my watch to find only 5 minutes had passed since I first spotted the cottage. Shaking my head in amazement and wonder I see I still had on my skis. I turned still smiling, I went on my way wondering if I'll ever see the friendly couple again. Glancing down I notice on the sleeve of my jacket a little chocolate stain that smelled very much like cocoa. Hmmmmm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until the next time dear family and friends have a blessed day

5 comments:

  1. Oh now, Toni! That gets my mystery juices flowing...what a neat story! You sure you don't want to do this again? I may have to make up my own. I really loved that little story...and would love to have been there in that cabin with you and those sweet old folks!!! That was special. Thank you for sharing it. Good day for it, even here in Florida, today is gray and kind of raw outside...a warm fire in a cozy cabin with some hot chocolate really sounds good right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoyed these a lot. Too bad more did not join in. Loved your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I redid my old one too.. as I had nothing to post today.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.