December 18, 2018

Tuesday 4 Meme ~ About Christmas Chapter 2

I'm joining in on the Tuesday 4 Meme. ←Click on the site name or on the graphic below to join in.

http://tuesday4meme.blogspot.com
About Christmas Chapter 2

1.   Do you drive through your neighborhood to look at other people's holiday decorations?  Whenever some one picks me up to go somewhere we always pass many decorated homes and some are spectacular and like a little kid my eyes open wide and the word "WOW" comes out of my mouth.. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

2.   Are you counting the days to Christmas with excited anticipation or dread?  This year i'm excited because I'm hosting Christmas day dinner for 7. It's the first time in years and at my age I know it will be exhausting but a happy kind of exhaustion.

3.   When was the last time you had a photo taken with Santa?  I have never taken a photo with Santa. The only time was when me, my ex father-in-law (who came so we wouldn't be alone) my daughter along with my sister Phyllis' son took the subway from the Bronx to Manhattan's New York Times building to see the perfect Santa. The children were 4yrs. or 5yrs. at the time. If I'm not mistaken that was the same Santa used in the Macy's Day Parade at the time. It was fun and the kids had a ball. We even took them  to see the many decorated store fronts.  

4.   Do you make a Christmas list for your family or friends?  No, I bought what I thought they would enjoy. Now that it's gotten so expensive I don't exchange gifts anymore. Only when I'm invited and there are children then I will buy a little something for each child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photo Of The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until the next time dear friends and family have a blessed week.

10 comments:

  1. We enjoy riding in the neighborhood, looking at decorations. I count the days to Christmas with anticipation as my whole family comes for breakfast on Christmas Eve morning. Cant remember the last time I had a picture with Santa...must have been 70+ years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very kind and thoughtful of your ex-father in law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a good man and passed away in the early 90's when I was still married to my ex.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this meme, Toni...I'll have mine up in a bit. smiles

    I hope you have a lovely day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Nana - this post makes me miss you extra! All the memories from being in NY last year are flooding back. I can just hear your voice saying "WOW" when you see Christmas lights. Wishing I could be at that dinner you're hosting!! Great post. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could be here too. Love you back my beautiful redhead. xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'll try this one. Love looking at lights. I won't see the lights in Manhattan this year but my daughter and the kids are all going this Saturday. Have a great Tuesday dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun meme! I enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Toni!!! How exciting you are hosting Christmas dinner! It will be so good! I love Christmas lights so much! Loved your answers! Happy Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your answer to #3, what a great time that must have been. When I was younger I often thought about visiting NYC, something that never happened for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. ๐Ÿ’œ Many blessings dear friends.