January 2, 2019

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ January Another Year

Here it is January of another year. How fast they seem to go by even though they are always 365 days each. This time of year is not a favorite of mine and this week's poetry reflexes my feeling of the winter season.


Beginning Of Another Year

It's the beginning of another year
A season of ice cold days and snow.
A time of year with not much to do
Nor many places I truly care to go.

I rather stay indoors and keep warm
I'm not a lover of any winter sports.
Or anything to do with ice or snow
Nor do I care for long winter walks.

I rather relax in my easy chair
And sit by the fireplace and read.
With warmth and coffee in my hand
There's nothing more I really need.

Toni Taddeo ©

I'm back to normal posting and blog visits again. I needed the time to rest my old brain and bones. So, until the next time dear family and friends have a day of blessings



5 comments:

  1. Now that the holidays have passed, wishing winter would too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter will be upon us in full force soon, my friend...enjoy the mildness (no heavy snowfall, lol) we have been having.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture, so comfortable and inviting. I love the winter because our summers are so hot. But our winters aren't as cold as the winters where you are, I can understand how it's not your favorite time of year. Spring will be here before we know it, it's really just a blink away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your poem and the picture as well. I understand how winter is in the north, and I would be doing the same if I was there. Right now we are having spring like weather here in Florida, and the flowers and trees are getting confused. I hope we don't have a sudden freeze to spoil it all, although I would like some more "seasonal" weather! Have a blessed and healthy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.